At Heathryburn School, we have a dedicated Family Learning Worker who offers a wide range of courses and parental engagement opportunities in our Parent Room. Regular “Tea & Talk” sessions cover a variety of topics from sleep training and healthy eating to supporting children with additional support needs. All parents and carers are welcome to attend, for more information, or to book into a session, please contact the school.
Family Information Service
The Family Information Service (FIS) provides free, comprehensive and up-to-date information and advice about all services for children, young people and their families in Aberdeen. Our directory of services is for parents, carers, young people and professionals.
We hold information on a wide range of services including:
- Childcare (childminders, nurseries and out of school care)
- Education (primary schools, secondary schools, nursery schools and education support services)
- Family Support Services (social care and wellbeing services, housing and homelessness, bereavement, divorce, counselling, general health, domestic abuse, drugs and alcohol, employment, financial help, libraries, sport, and parent and toddler groups)
- Additional Support Needs (disabilities, complex health needs, respite care, disability sport, supported child care)
- Opportunities for 16 – 19 year olds (employment, education, volunteering, support services, community projects, mental health)
For more information about services available, please see the Family Information Service website or download A Guide to Integrated Children and Family Services 2019/20